PARTICIPATORY APPROACHES FOR INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT (PAFID) is a Kenyan NGO registered with the NGO Co-ordination Board and is acknowledged as a leading implementer of Conservation Agriculture programmes in Kenya. PAFID’s mission is to improve food security, nutrition and incomes of small and medium scale farming communities in Kenya by advancing better farming techniques and encouraging their adoption.
POSITIONS: FIELD OFFICERS (8)
PAFID is seeking to recruit Field Officers for its projects in Kenya, more specifically in the following counties; Busia, Elgeyo Marakwet, Homa Bay, Kakamega, Kisumu, Meru, Migori, Nakuru, Narok, Nyandarua, Siaya and Tharaka Nithi. The Field officer will be responsible for implementing the Objectives of PAFID Projects at community level utilizing participatory approaches.
Specific responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:-
- Conduct farmer contact meetings and follow up meetings
- Facilitate the selection and recruitment of Lead farmers
- Provide training and support to Lead farmers and farmer groups
- Training small and medium scale farmers in Conservation Agriculture
- Selecting, training, and mentoring of Agribusiness Advisors and Lead farmers
- Develop and coordinate contacts with Tillage service providers, agro dealers market off takers in the relevant areas to ensure closer collaborations
- Maintain critical relationships with the Ministry of Agriculture and other partners
- Ensure that work plans, budgets, monthly reports, program monitoring and evaluation and other program reports are completed on time
- Continuously assess training needs of farmers and various stakeholders and discuss these needs with Field supervisors and project manager on regular basis.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff related to work environment needs
- Willingness to learn on the job and take strategic direction
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Willingness to work anywhere within the Republic of Kenya
Minimum Requirement Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or Diploma in agriculture with at least two year experience.
- Experience in Conservation Agriculture preferred
- Experience in agricultural mechanization, community mobilization and working with farmer groups will be an added advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and demonstrable ability to deliver technical training
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Motorbike riding skills are added advantage
Salary: Salary will be competitive and within industry norms
Application process: Qualified candidates are invited to email their applications together with a detailed CV with 3 professional referees and daytime telephone contacts by 14th February 2020 to:
The project Manager PAFID Climate Smart Project. Email email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Those who had applied earlier should reapply through the above email address. PAFID is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification